Friday, August 12, 2011

Burning the candle at both ends!

But I love the outcome :)
Last night I felt the urge to scrap, so decided I'd create a layout for the Handmade by Suzanne August sketch challenge.  I never started until about 10....and finished at about 1am!  I haven't been up that late in a really long time....so this morning I was suffering for it.  LOL

Anyways....you can see this months sketch HERE (which is created by Michelle Fowler)
and here is my take on it....




































Pic is of the amazing Moreton Bay fig trees on Norfolk Island.  I'm as pleased as punch with my new Crafters Workshop template....just wish I'd used it much earlier!  (I think I've had it for a month or 2)
I've also used some "A Lil Somethin'" chipboard butterflies & bottletop button....plus another Lovelybug bits n bobs button (I love these buttons!!! and have just about run out of them.....luckily I have ordered some more)

TFL & thanks for dropping by....and for all the lovely comments that have been left :-)))

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am so glad you stayed up to scrap!! This layout is just GORGEOUS!! Love how you have used the sketch and the CW template...they are a bit addictive...lol!! Gorgeous photo too! Take care :))xx

Suzanne McGregor said...

Stunning, i just love the effect with the template! Cute little cluster in the corner too! Thanks for playing along with us Linda!

Chloe said...

I agree - the template is awesome!!! Love this page, a fab take on the sketch :-) :-)

Her Essential Hand said...

oh Lou that is a great page!
I am up late here an its nearly 10pm - but I am going to bed now.. I sooo can not stay up late, haha
enjoy your weekend x

Lauren T said...

Stunning LO. I love the earthy colour scheme. The misted/painted leaves look fantastic.

Marelize said...

I love your take on the sketch Linda!! The pic is beautiful and your choice of pp's and embellies are perfect!!

Tanyah Payne said...

wow your layout is stunning! LOVE how balanced it all looks and your clusters are amazing...LOVE IT ALL x :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails