Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sketch time & some "Great Southern Land" from Handmade by Suzanne

Hi everyone,
We are home safe & well from our trip to Tassie...we had a fabulous time seeing all that we could fit into our 3 weeks, but I really think you probably need at least double that amount of time to see everything properly - it is such an amazingly beautiful place!  I loved it <3

Anyways...on with some scrapping!

The March sketch at Handmade by Suzanne has been up since the beginning of the month, but seeings that I've only just got home, I'm only just getting it done :)

Here is the sketch....another fantastic one from Michelle Fowler...


I have used my HBS March DT kit to complete this sketch...which was full of Kaisercraft "Great Southern Land" goodness - just perfect for my new holiday pics! :)

Here is my take on the sketch.....



Kaisercraft "Great Southern Land" papers used:  QLDSANT ,  WA  & TAS specialty sheet....along with some Kaisercraft ribbon roses, little wooden trees & some Journey quote word rubons that were also in my kit this month - thanks Suzanne...love all of these goodies! :)

I've also added some Lil' Red Rocket embellies as well - another gorgeous little owl button & a vintage quote tag.  Plus there's a few bits and pieces from my stash - Manor House flower, Kaisercraft paper bloom, Basic Grey office tab, Scenic Route paper leaves, Martha Stewart butterfly punch & Tattered Angels glimmermist (Suede)....and some machine stitching.



My journaling is in under my photo....on one of the perforated cards from the TAS specialty sheet...and I've attached a BG office tab at the end of the card to be able to pull the card out, at the right side of the photo.




A close up of my title...including one of the Kaisercraft "Journey quote" rubons.

To be in the running for the sketch competition, a $30 store voucher is up for grabs (that includes free postage)...just upload your sketch layout to the March folder in the Handmade by Suzanne gallery HERE by midnight on 31st March...I would love to see you all giving the sketch a go :)

Thanks for dropping by & TFL  xx
I will add pics from our Tassie trip just as soon as I can :)

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

LOOOOVE the stitching, the owl, the splotches & such brill photography:):) Glad you enjoyed Tassy - great place:):)

Victoria Freze said...

I just adore this one! love the picture and embellishment!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Congrats on another year at sketchabilities!!!
This layout is just gorgeous!!! When I look at your layouts, I feel like I am actually at the place of the photo!! Magical work!!!!
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails