Monday, May 28, 2012

C'est Magnifique May sketch...

Yep, I'm back again so soon! 

I thought I'd better blog about this layout I created over the weekend for the May sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique....before the week gets away from me & I forget to get it done before the deadline in a few days(Like I have before!  lol)

So, anyways....here is the gorgeous sketch for May, created by Nadia Cannizzo



Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos



And this is what I've created....




Please excuse the not so good pic....the weather has been rather miserable here over the last few days, so it's been a bit difficult trying to get a decent pic, but I will try to get a better one & replace it as soon as I can :)

I've used Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage paper for my background...with some masking using Crafters Workshop 6x6 Mini Bricks template & a mixture of different mists that I mixed together & watered down....then painted on using the template.  I seen this idea (of the mists watered down & painted on - but she didn't use a template on her little demo) on Natalie Elphinstone's blog & thought it would be perfect for using with templates, rather than spraying the mist, for when you want a bit more control on which parts of the template you want to use (hope that makes sense!)  Plus I've then randomly stamped here & there with a Kaisercraft script stamp for a bit more added interest & depth to the background.




In my cluster I've added one of the GORGEOUS Lil' Red Rocket Taupe chiffon flowers....these have a generous 7 layers of chiffon petals, finished off with a pearl bead sewn in the centre.  These chiffon flowers also come in other colours, so head on over to the Lil' Red Rocket store to check them out! You won't be disappointed :)  Plus a Lil' Red Rocket vintage tag.


I've had this chipboard tree in my stash for so long, that I don't even remember what brand it is....but I think it may be Dusty Attic....but whatever it is...I love it on this layout!  I've simply inked it with brown ink & then dabbed & rubbed a bit of gesso here & there for a bit more effect.


 
Sorry about the bad pic again on this one!  A bit of a closeup of the template/ink work.

Pic is of the beautiful old bridge in Richmond, Tasmania...built by convicts in 1825.  I just LOVE old stuff like this & could spend all day taking thousands of photos of it, if time permitted.  The whole little town of Richmond is such a wonderful place that is just bursting with old heritage buildings & charm.  I really loved visiting there when we were in Tassie back in Feb/March....and would have loved to be able to spend a week or so there, instead of just the day.....oh well, there's always next time!

Well, that's it for me for now...thanks for visiting my blog & for any comments you leave - they really are greatly appreciated :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Products used:

Bo Bunny - Double Dot - Decaf Vintage
Bazzill Cardstock
Crafters Workshop - 6x6 Mini bricks template
Kaisercraft - Textured clear stamp - Script
Kaisercraft Paperbloom - Buttercream
Dusty Attic - Dusty in Bloom flower - Grassy Knoll
Martha Stewart Punch- Punch around the page - Swirling lace
Cheery Lynn - Olive branch die
My Favourite Things - Rolled Rose die
Lil' Red Rocket Chiffon flower
Lil' Red Rocket Vintage tag
Prima flowers
Prima lace
Dusty Attic Chipboard tree
Websters Pages alpha stickers
Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers
EK Success butterfly punch
Creative Memories butterfly punch
D-Lish Scraps wooden butterfly button
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Mixture of Suede & Wheatfields
Stazon Ink - Timber Brown
Hessian
Buttons
Machine stitching

5 comments:

Victoria Freze said...

love the vintage look on this one! beautiful tree and it doesn't matter how long it was stashed :)

Rachael Funnell said...

OH! WOW! Linda...
This looks SENSATIONAL!!
Sooo love the vintage feel to this, the background looks FANTASTIC....
I Soooooo gotta get me that MS punch you have used!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Aaahhh beyond awesome. Magnificent...sooo vintage, sooo goes with the bridge photo LOVE how you've misted softly & the hessian looks great, too...each time I come by I wonder what you've been up to differently this time - & you never fail to impress:):):) Hope the weather cheers up soon for you!!!!

Lauren T said...

Wonderful vintage feel to this one, matches the photo perfectly.

sarah martin said...

Linda this is just stunning! I love the colour scheme and the beautiful background you created! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails