Monday, May 28, 2012

One last Jenni Bowlin layout....

Hey there fellow blogger friends....I'm back to share one more layout using my May DT kit from Handmade by Suzanne....Jenni Bowlin Magpie range.

The inspiration for this layout came from the readers design challenge over on the Aussie Scrap Source blog - and the design concept/challenge is Rhythm and Repitition.  You could base your layout on your own design or use one of the Pagemaps or Cardmaps sketches that feature repitition.

I went with this sketch....

clip_image001


and turned it on its side....to get this:




















I handcut the little hexagons from the "Collect" pp in the Magpie range & then mounted them in both cream & black cardstock....in place of the hearts on the sketch, then stiched across them in red stitching.



I've used another of the cute little kraft tags from the Jenni Bowlin printed tags pack...I just love the size of these cute little tags :)



And I've also used the funky American Crafts DIY thickers again, with the black Spark tinsel sprinkled over the top....these were a lot of fun to play with...and of course, you could use just about anything that you already may have in your stash to decorate the DIY thickers with....glitter, flock, sand...the ideas could be endless!




A close up of the hexagons

Pics are from a few years ago visiting Captain Cook's cottage in Fitzroy Gardens down in Melbourne....meeting Captain Cook - well, his statue....lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~
Products used & available in store at Handmade by Suzanne:

Other products used -
Prima flower
Carolees Creations tiny alpha stickers
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Burnt Red & Honey Dew Mist

I've really enjoyed scrapping with this Jenni Bowlin range...and must admit that each layout came together alot easier than what I thought they would...and I'm totally chuffed at the amount of layouts I've got from my kit!  So, all in all, this range has been a pleasant surprise & a lot of fun to scrap with.

And just a little reminder about this months sketch challenge over at Handmade by Suzanne....there's still a few days to get your layouts entered.  You have until midnight on 31/5 (this coming Thursday) to upload your entries to the May sketch competition gallery....and there's a $30 store voucher up for grabs just for entering!  So off you go....get scrapping!  lol

Thanks for dropping by!  xx

2 comments:

Victoria Freze said...

Linda, your layout is gorgeous! love the cut and stitched hexagons! it's so nice that you make layouts with almost every picture from your last journeys, I wish I do the same with mine:)

Rachael Funnell said...

WOWZERS! Linda!!
You are Pumping out the Most GORGEOUS Creations... the hexagon's look AWESOME! I love how you have matted them & then added Stitching, looks Brilliant!!!
Once again Love everything about this.........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails