Thursday, June 21, 2012

Skissedilla

I stumbled on this blog a few weeks ago (thanks to Louise Nelson...thanks Lou!), but have only just had a chance to give one of their sketches a go....

Sketch # 168




And here is my take on it....



Using some REALLY old 7 Gypsies paper that has been in my stash for about 8 years or so!!!  lol
I've also used a CW template & some Gesso mixed with Mocha paint to create the background...then I've randomly sprayed a few different glimmermists as well.




A close up of my cluster that features a Lil' Red Rocket spotty button :) .....some Prima & Manorhouse flowers...Tim Holtz film strip ribbon & DA chipboard that I have painted in Pistachio coloured paint.




My journaling & more film strip ribbon, chipboard, Prima flower & D'Lish Scraps wooden butterfly button.




My title & a bit of a close up of the Gesso/template work




Pic is from our trip to Tassie....of some old farm equipment at an old Homestead called "Highfield" near Stanley, which I loved!


Thanks for dropping by!  xx

12 comments:

Lauren T said...

I really love that mask!

Jasmine S said...

Perfect use of the sketch and the masking looks fab. Great pic and just love the earthy colours.

Brit Sviggum said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!! Love your background, and the use of that mask. Lovely! Beautiful with the flowers. And the photo is so nice. Thank you so much for playing with us :) Have a nice day.
Brit

Unknown said...

Love what you've done with that mask- and I adore your photo- love old, antique stuff- and you've done a perfect job displaying it here!

Unknown said...

WOW, that background looks amazing, love what you did with the masking. Just wanted to stop by and say HI, and that I'm so happy to be working with you at 2Crafty! :) Have a great day!!!!!!

Keren Tamir said...

wow this is amazing!! I'm so glad we are on the 2 Crafty DT together. I just became your follower too!!

Victoria Freze said...

love, love, love it!!!! your background is amazing!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this!!! The neutral tones look fantastic! :D

lillesmor said...

Wow - love the background on this one!!

Nora said...

Awesome stencil job - and LOVE the distressed edges ;)
Big hugs,
Nora

Anne Gerd said...

Oh, what a nice LO - love the photo:)

Louise said...

Love!!! So glad you visited and had a play Thank you :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails