Friday, August 17, 2012

More HBS August DT work

For sketch #8 at Scrap Africa...

I had planned to save this layout & share it some time over the weekend, or early next week....because I thought the sketch challenge was open until the end of August.  But I've just realised that it's about to close.  Nothing like last minute & I guess it pays to read the fine print!!  lol

Here is the sketch...



I have turned the sketch 90 deg clockwise....and came up with this




Using Cosmo Cricket's Tea for Two range.
Rather than using a rectangle piece of paper behind the photo as per the sketch, I cut out all the little journal type frames from the Tea Tins PP and then layered them around & behind my photo.  The other papers used are Sugar Cubes & Tea Towel.



In my cluster I've used a white Manor House Creations flower that I've lightly misted in red...along with one of the Tea for Two cardstock stickers, a Lil' Red Rocket heart button & twine...that I've just sort of bunched up & around the white flower....plus a strip of Websters red ruffle trim across the bottom of the photo




Some journaling





And title.

The background I have misted using CW Chickenwire template ...then flicked some red GM around here & there, plus added some random bits of some really OLD Pink Paislee rubons.

Well...that's all folks. 
What a nightmare this post has been!  Blogger decided to not let me add any photos, so at the last minute I had to add them to flickr & then copy & paste them. 
Thank goodness I only just scraped in on time for the cutoff!

Happy weekend everyone

19 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow! My new fave!!! I love your subtle misting and how awesome is the design - love the red stripes mirroring the lighthouse. Such a fantastic layout. AWESOME!!!!!! BTW - I just used this range too! :D

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous Linda! I love all the layering behind the photos and the use of the rub-ons is very clever! Beautiful page.

sarah martin said...

This is so beautiful Linda. I love the colour scheme and the gorgeous way you used the sketch xo

Victoria Freze said...

gorgeous layout, Linda! great idea of using all those frames behind the photo! and the lighthouse is just amazing!

Marelize said...

Wow! This is simply fantastic Linda! The colours jump right at you and the pics are gorgeous as always. xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the way you've used those tags & the rubons on the bg are AWESOME..nah, beyond awesome - I thought it was random stamping...looks FAB!!!!

Jasmine S said...

What a great photo and you have used the perfect range of papers and colours for it.
I thought of you today as I am trying to scrap a scenery photo and I am struggling. I even changed the photo to one of the kids but then went back to the scenery one as I am determined to do it....lol.

Charlotte said...

OH!! It's so, so, so beautiful. I just love how you've used the twine and the colors look great together. Love it, Linda. :)

Tone K. said...

This was really beautiful ! :)
I love the way you used all the journaling-boxes :)
The colors is great and the stamping around with tiny words....so beautiful :)
Thanks for the inspiration :)

Ella Swan said...

Oh gosh I can't stand it when Blogger goes all temperamental! Well done for making it!! I often do that too then fly in to post & that's when the darn thing won't work well. Love this layout & your really subtle masking & the random rub-ons - great idea!! You used the sketch really well too!!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE the red accents! this sure is really so beautiful Linda! what a neat take on the sketch. Totally love the itty bitty stamping/rub-ons and the fussy-cut shapes instead of a square page. Beautiful work as always sweetie! xoxo

Evgenia Petzer said...

STUNNING layout! Thank you so much for playing along with SCrapAFrica!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Your layout is totally gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with Scrap Africa.

Denise van Deventer said...

Love this layout and how the red just pops off the page! The photo's of those lighthouses are gorgeous and all around...stunning layout! Love this!

Leonie said...

Glad you got it in on time and it's a beauty!
Great colours, love all the layering with the journal spots under your photos.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Hi Lou! I just had a look at your latest posts! I had a lot of catching up to do! I REALLY enjoy visiting you!! This blog is such an inspirational place! Thanks for that!!! I love your unique pages!!! Great work!!!!
Hugsss,
xxx

Unknown said...

wowsers!! This is beautiful, the colours are divine, your photography is fantastic babe!!
xoxo

Tilla said...

This is an amazing page ! Love everything about it - but the back ground is fantastic !

Rachael Funnell said...

NOW! I thought I've commented this GORGEOUS layout.... & I think maybe on facebook thou.... LOL!
that's blondes for you!!
Again GORGEOUS color combo... & I love it how you have layered all the journaling spots!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails