Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scrap Africa sketch challenge No. 26

Hi there lovelies :)
 
Just quickly popping in to share a layout I created for this months sketch challenge over at Scrap Africa.  The sketch was created by Denise van Deventer, and it is a fabulous one!
 
 
Here is what I've created.....

Using some REALLY REALLY old Basic Grey & Fancy Pants papers, along with some book paper.  A bit of background work happening too, but may not be so noticeable in this pic!
 
 
Here is Denise's sketch, which I have rotated 90deg clockwise
 
 
 
 
A few close ups....

Small cluster at the bottom left of photos....with some stamping underneath it. And you can see the background work a bit better here....I've added some green misting to the busy background paper to tie in with the green leaves that are somehow still green & on the tree, considering the colour of the ones on the footpath - only in Ireland! lol
 
 

My title...with a bit of a play on words of the Molly Malone song...I'm such a dork!  :D
 
 

A larger cluster at the top right of photos - love those Kaisercraft stamped leaves! <3
 
 

Some 2Crafty chipboard tucked in behind the photos and inked to suit
the colourings of the photos & page.
 
 

And an overall view....pics were taken while walking alongside the Liffey in Dublin on the first day we arrived at the end of September last year, which was such a glorious autumn's day :)
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting today :)
And a huge thank you to those who regularly visit & leave me such wonderful comments....even though I rarely get the time to visit your own blogs - which I always feel really bad about! 
But I am hoping to have the time to visit real soon....fingers crossed!!!
 
Until next time, take care & happy scrapping....xx

16 comments:

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

As always you have created such a wonderful page. I love seeing your work. TFS with us at Scrap Africa.

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous, such lovely photos too.. fabulous back ground details.. great take on the sketch too..

Lizzy Hill said...

Love how you mange to make pages sing, even though there's so much pattern going on....that there is pure talent, Miss Linda:):))) did I see this up for ur FMS photo as it was being made???!!!!!!!

Erica said...

Wow!! This is lovely! The photos are just amazing, and the neutral colors really make them pop! Stunning work! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Таня Паламарчук said...

So fresh, so beauty LO!!! I like it!
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous page Linda!! Even though that's a fairly busy paper, your background work enhances it beautifully!! You always have such fantastic photos too and I love how you've matched your colours to it!! Absolutely stunning page!! ox

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love the art you bring to scrapbooking Linda. Beautiful photos and your choice of patterned papers and blooms are perfect. So glad you're playing along with Scrap Africa.

Denise van Deventer said...

Wowsers Linda....love this page! You created an amazing page, with the perfect colouring for your photo's! The background paper is busy, but those photo's just pop out at you...so it works so perfectly! Genius really!!!! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

Val-Belle said...

My favourite city in my favourite country and walking along the River Liffey is one of my best things to do... Looks so pretty with all the autumn leaves. I always love seeing your layouts I just love your style... I have just got one of those stamps too and I cant wait to use it. Fab layout Linda. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa. :D

Patricia said...

I can just hear those autumn leaves crushing under my feet! Love the colour tones of this page!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!!!

Helen Wallace said...

A glorious page starting with the photos. Clever girl to make them pop on the busy background. Love the ?Prima stamps and the whole thing is a delight. Thanks for joining us as Scrap Africa :)

Marelize said...

WOW! This is stunning Linda! LOVE the photos... it makes me want to be there right now. Great job! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa. :) xx

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous layout, though I am a bit partial to Irish themes, since I live here!! Gorgeous photos and love all your details. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Africa!

Elizna said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Scrap Africa...those pics are just soooo gorgeous!

Ella Swan said...

SO beautiful! This is truly gorgeous!!

Eila Sandberg said...

There, feeling like a parrot again; this is a glorious page Linda! you are a master at picking up colours and playing with details, Mr Mojo is working overtime!! mwah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails