Friday, May 30, 2014

My 3rd Creative Team article for Scrapbooking Memories - Vol. 16 No. 9

Hello again peeps!
 
I've been meaning to get this post up for quite a few weeks now, but time seems to always elude me!
Better late than never though, eh?!!
 
 
 
 
 
My article for this issue is titled Basic DIY embellishments - to tie in with the "Back to Basics" theme for this issue.  There was only one layout for this article as there were many close up shots of my DIY embellishments along with a step x step on how to make a simple circle flower.
 
 
"Colours of Kinsale"

Just about all the embellies on this page are quick & simple hand made embellishments (except for the buttons, brads, chipboard pieces, alpha's & thickers).  The DIY embellishments include layered
stamped images, chipboard buttons, mini flags & circle flowers.
 
The other Basic DIY embellishments in the article were - Lollipop flowers,
Pinwheels & Embellished paperclips
 
So, it just goes to show that you really can get back to basics & create a page without spending a fortune on embellishments - they are so so easy to make & help to make your page extra special because of the handmade goodies :)
 
 
Here are a few close ups....

As you can see, I've gone for lots of colour on my page to tie in with the title & amazing colours of this fascinating town in Ireland.  Here is a small cluster of stamped images, mini flag, chipboard button & circle flower :)
 

Some more quick & simple stamped images.
 

And a few more circle flower with chipboard buttons & shop bought buttons for their centres.
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
And here are a few shots of the DIY embellishments
 
Layered stamped images...so simple & quick!
 
 

Embellished paperclips - using punched shapes, again makes them quick & easy :)
 
 

Chipboard buttons - using map paper, fabric & patterned paper.
 
 

Mini flags using a pin & washi tape...too easy!
 
 

Lollipop made from hessian - these are my fav's as I love the texture of them!
 
 

A circle button that was in my step x step....6 cut/punched circles of paper, a button & a few minutes of your time ...... & you have yourself cute little flower!
 
 
So that is article # 3 done.
I hope you enjoyed reading it in the magazine & have been inspired
to create some of your own embellishments :)
 
 
Until next time....Happy Scrapping!
 
 

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Lovely layout, the colors really suit the photos, and love your hand made embellies too!

Lauren T said...

Loving getting to read all your articles in the mag.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Congratulations on the publication. Your page is a delight to the eye. I love your latest colourful pages...and I love how well your pattern papers compliment your photos. Your title is just awesome.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh Wow!!! Love all the colour in this page Linda and your handmade embellies are totally gorgeous!!! This is absolutely delightful!!! ox

Val-Belle said...

I think that this is one of my fave layouts ever. I love Kinsale. It is where my brother first lived when they went to Ireland. I also love the bright colours houses. They have a wonderful fun boat race there each year too... where you have to build your own boat out of whatever and sail out to a point and back... such fun. Love love love this one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails