Sunday, March 15, 2015

7 Dots Studio "Destination Unknown" for All About Scrapbooks

Hi there lovelies....I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)

Today I have a layout to share, created for All About Scrapbooks using another 
Although this is predominantly a travel themed range, it really is easily adapted to any type of layout.
This one is full of teal's, brown's & grey's...and would really suite masculine layouts too.

I have used an old farming photo & gone for a bit of a vintage look :)

"Sowing new Soil"

All the details of products & techniques are up on the AAS blog, so I won't go repeating it all here.
Pop on over to the BLOG, to check out all the details.

But I will say....I love those 2Crafty Bubble Clumps!!!
They are just fabulous & really helped to finish the page off perfectly!


Here's a few close ups....

Yummy new Petaloo Burlap flowers <3 - these are not only gorgeous, but have such beautiful texture!































And here's a bit of a close up of the fabulous photo....I just LOVE this photo of him.  
It is so very "pioneering Australia" ....of which he seems to have taken to like a duck to water!
He looks like a fairdinkum aussie farming cocky - one would not think that he was an Irish man!


There is a LOT of journaling on the back of this layout....no way could I fit it all on the front!
Although I don't know a lot of the details behind this particular photo....besides that he is obviously sowing for a new crop of some sort, most likely wheat..... I have journaled all about this man's (my great uncle) story of coming to Australia, achieving all that he did in this new country, and also about my great aunt who had to wait until she was a bit older before being able to follow him out here.  Their story is really fascinating...and if it wasn't for them coming to Australia, perhaps the rest of the family may not have followed...which also includes my dad, so I may not have been born here either.  Both are my great aunt & uncle - not just by marriage.  My Grandmother's brother married my Grandfather's sister - so in both grandparent's families,  brother & sister married a brother & sister from the other family.  Confused much?? lol

I have lots more photos that belonged to my great aunt & uncle.....they obviously must have loved taking photos, of which I am very grateful for....and feel very privileged  to now have copies of them :)

Ok.... enough ramblings on my family history :)


Thank you so much for dropping by to visit today.
As I mentioned earlier....all the product & technique details are over on the AAS blog HERE
Please pop over for a squiz :)

Until next time....take care xx



4 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow Linda, this is spectacular!! Not just the page, which is absolutely stunning, but also the photo and the story behind it. How lucky are you to have such fabulous pics to work with and you do them justice every time!! Love the colours, the background the banners and those flowers ... Yummy!!!! Loooove your work!!! xx

Lizzy Hill said...

I'm confused with the family history! My grandfather & his brother married cousins... So not too much different! I am onto my very last piece of this range & really enjoyed using it:) love the strips of paper under the photo... & those circles really do make the page! The flair is DELISH, too:):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

This layout is spectacular Linda. I love the design, the loopy circles and the stunning burlap flowers.

Val-Belle said...

This is a stunning layout. Love the papers they are perfect for a vintage photo. Lovely background and I love those circles. A fab layout.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails