Sunday, May 24, 2015

Another layout with Echo Park - Jack & Jill for All About Scrapbooks

Hello Hello....happy Sunday peeps!

I am back with yet another layout to share using the fun, masculine boy side of 


"One 3rd Ownership"

As the title suggests...my Dad owned 1/3 of the car they are all standing against when he was a youngin' back in Ireland.  He owned it with his best mate, and one of his neighbours that lived a few doors down....the Irvine's.  One of the fella's in the photo is the father of  formula one racing car driver, Eddie Irvine - our small claim to fame!! LOLLL ;)  Both families were very close :)

Anyways.... I loved this stripey paper!! 
So of course it had to be used for the background.



These are some of the 2Crafty Fast Forward Arrows - they are so cool!
I've coloured them with my big brush pens :)



Again, I've fussy cut a heap of cameras, and for this layout some of the cars & trucks as well.



Hopefully you can see these dudes in the photo a bit better here....straight from Grease Lightning!!! haha


I've also used a fair few of the Jack & Jill decorative brads around the page too.
The pack comes with sooo many - they are great value!



And the title is using the alpha stickers from this range as well.

I will be adding more journaling to the back of this page as there is so much more to tell about my dad & his experiences with this car....some of which I have only just found out myself - from probing for more info about the photo!!  And also some which now makes a lot of sense behind a few things that only a person who knows my dad would know & understand :)


For all the nitty gritty on the page, you can find all the details over on the AAS blog HERE

Thanks so much for dropping by!  xx

5 comments:

Romy said...

What an awesome male lay-out! You've arranged the die-cuts really wonderfully!

Lizzy Hill said...

Got the racing stripes going with this striped paper! And ALL THAT FUSSY CUTTING....are you CRAZY woman? It takes soooo darn long to do! I must say whilst I'm a big fan of MM on the bg of papers it's actually nice to see a clean look for a change!!! And 'go' your Dad.I'm glad you found out the stories before it is too late:):)

Lizzyc said...

Wonderful layout, love the story behind it as well and love the patterns on your papers!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Just perfect Linda....I love everything about your page....all the fussy cutting was worth the result.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Super cool page!! Love that stripey paper and the pops of orange really sets it off beautifully. Love the story behind the photo too .. fabulous to be able to record the family history so that none of it gets forgotten!! Gorgeous work!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails